Artist of the week: David Schermann


Tonight, i present you another artist of the week, and this time, surprise, surprise, it's a local one. ;D David Schermann, 21 years old nature and portrait photographer, currently living in Vienna. Also one of the first Viennese photographers i get to stumble upon while browsing 500px ;D David is a student, who is trying to become a teacher in Geography and Psychology (maybe Arts as well). He is also quite handy with the camera. See for yourself.

If you could only use 3 words, how would you describe yourself at this exact moment in your life?
Confused, determined, hungry

When did you first got interested in photography?
I was actually interested in photography my whole childhood. Well, maybe not photography in general, but in pressing the shutter button. After I got my first DSLR as a Christmas gift 4 years ago, it was decided: Photography will be my passion.

Do you want to work as a professional photographer in the future?
Hmm…My dream job would be to become a travel photographer, so yes, it would be fantastic! But I’m more realistic. I’m focusing on my “teachers career” and want to do some freelance work on the side.

What equipment do you use?
I use  Nikon D7000 and use most of the time my Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 for portraits and for landscapes my Tamron 17-50mm lense. From time to time I use my analogue Nikon EL.
From all the remarkable photos you took (landscape photos, portraits), which one is the most exceptional one for you and why?
Hmm…I guess it would be “sanctuary”(photo below). I had a basic concept in mind, but it turned out waaaaay better than expected! 
Before clicking the shutter, do you have a clear concept in your head of what it is you are trying to capture? How big of a role does editing play in the whole process?
Sometimes I have a specific concept in my mind, but most of the time...not really. Photos with much preparation turn out better. And editing plays a huge role! I love photoshopping! When I’m bored, I turn on some fine music and edit old photos just for fun. Also, every photo I upload is edited in some way or the other.

Where do you get your inspiration? Any photographers & artists you look up to?
I don’t have any role models. I want to find my own personal style. Most of my inspiration comes from music, from lyrics, or from poems.
What do you do when you have inspiration withdrawal?
Nothing…lying in bed, surfing the Internet and eating stuff…Do you have any advice? :D

- My personal advice would be leaving the whole thing for a bit, for a day at most, and just doing something else. Anything. If i still don't wanna do anything the next day - i make myself ;D I learnt from countless opportunities that some of the best photos come out in that period between trying to get inspired and looking for inspiration and being totally frustrated...and then it just happens. Not giving up is the key. Working working working every day - even if you dont feel like today is one of those days when you will make something great. -

Are there certain things you haven't tried yet (photography wise) and are looking forward to do in the near future?
I want to shoot photos with dust, coloured dust, like they one they use  at the holi festival!


What is the one thing that makes you different from everybody else?
Umm…well, hard question... and I don’t know the answer to it. It’s hard (for me at least) to tell what’s my personal style. People tell me “Ah, a classic Schermann!” But I can’t tell what’s so special and just simply “me” about it. I guess, it is easier for an outsider to notice it.

That would be it from David ;)
Make sure you follow him on facebook ;) 
+ comments are highly appreciated!
+ check out my facebook or instagram for more updates
+ and stay tuned!
xoxo
Amra




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

flickr

Created with flickr badge.

Contact:

For more information/cooperation, contact me at: alwaysdevotedphotography@gmail.com

©Alwaysdevotedphotography - All rights reserved. My images may not be reproduced in any form without my written permission.

About


professional photographer, based in Vienna, Austria. This is a personal photo/fashion/inspirational blog which i will try to update on a regular basis. :)