exhausted

“I am overcome with exhaustion and an overwhelming sense of loneliness. As I am driving home, I stop at a red light and I begin to cry. I feel an overlap of feelings that are indescribable. I feel a sense of self-sufficiency and reserve. I am at once removed from myself. This was me today who accomplished this feat, yet I feel empty and bereft. I feel puffed up and deflated all at once. I feel false in myself. I wonder who gave me the power or the right to step into the lives of these people and make such profoundly life-altering decisions. I have no children. I have just walked fresh out the door of graduate school. I am a baby. I am humbled. I feel a sense of shame. I feel that I am an imposter, a sham. I never want to be so pompous and self-satisfied that I am consumed by the deed, losing sight of the purpose." ― Holly A. Smith

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

flickr

Created with flickr badge.

Contact:

For more information/cooperation, contact me at: alwaysdevotedphotography@gmail.com

©Alwaysdevotedphotography - All rights reserved. My images may not be reproduced in any form without my written permission.

About


professional photographer, based in Vienna, Austria. This is a personal photo/fashion/inspirational blog which i will try to update on a regular basis. :)